Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Craft Fair 2011

So yesterday we had our first craft fair of the season. What a crappy day. First off they put our table in a room opposite the direction of the big room and there were only two of us in that room as vendors. Everyone paid and went right never looking our way. On their way out, after doing their double and triple runs through the big room, they saw us on the way out. In their mind though they were already done shopping :(

I did ok and it was worth my time. I wish I had been more prepared though as at 3pm the night before I had not ONE finished product haha. I stayed up all night with NO sleep and got a bunch of things done. I was able to whip up 15 bibs, 15 burp cloths, 6 packs of heart shaped and other shaped crayons (6 to a pack) and I made a tagged toy with a squeaker for babies with flannel and minky which was a spur of the moment idea but I got 6 done and only came home with 2 of those. Guess what I'll be making more of!?!?  My mom makes jewelry and she was pretty disappointed but I told her the next one will be amazing and I hope she's not too discouraged. I also told her Etsy is going to be a great place for her things after the holidays. My other friend Missy who normally blows out of her rice bags and coasters only sold one of each. I don't think we'll do that fair again next year.

We have to get ready now for November 12th at Morris and November 19th in Galeton and the big one on December 3rd for Wellsboro's Dicken's of a Christmas. Did I mention I'm moving in the middle of all this?!?!? What a wild ride the next month will be.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I have put your name in for the contest of Christmas ornaments! Such a beautiful blog and such a wonderful post! Good luck on winning! I hope you do! Deb Willowtree-Treasures. I love those cupcake candles too I just think they are so neat! Actually I've never seen anything like them before! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete