Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today isn't a huge holiday for us. We've been on such a tight budget for the last few years so to buy something that isn't necessary isn't on our list of things to do. Don't get me wrong, we told each other we loved one another but other than that it's just another day.

I have been spending a lot of time pinning things on Pinterest and it  is normally my MO to always save lots of ideas to favorites or whatever and never make them, be it a craft idea or recipe. I think part of that is because I try to do too much all at once. Rather than try one recipe a night I try to make a main dish, side dish and dessert all new on the same evening then get overwhelmed and flake out. Last night I decided to start simple and made Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Sticks from How Sweet It Is. I've never had asparagus before and thought I'd try them. I LOVED this recipe and asparagus!!! I served it with a semi boneless ham and baked potatoes.


I have found quite a few good recipes on her site and look forward to trying more. This one is a keeper in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment