Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First Project Without a Pattern

Normally I troll the internet stealing other's ideas and tutorials to try another day, but a few weeks ago my mother asked me to come up with something for my step-dad. He is pretty much confined to a hospital bed in the living room and spends the majority of his time on his hands and knees as that is how he can breath best. He is starting to get sores so I came up with some pads using super soft minky on the inside against his skin and a nice manly lodge print on the outside using velcro to keep them on. It was a simple process but even so I am extremely proud of myself for figuring this out without using someone else's prototype.


It turns out however that I need to make the leg ones longer but that's ok as I'll make 4 longer ones and then they'll have two sets so they can wash them. It felt really good to do this on my own and to help my step-dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment