Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Goal One.... Check!

I have a confession to make. I have not sewn since last December. I have bought A LOT of fabric and supplies but have sewn nothing. My poor sewing machine has looked at me as if forsaken but today I cleaned off my sewing table, wiped down my sweet little sewing machine, organized my sewing supplies and set an 8 x 10 photo of my handsome son to the right of my machine. I've spent so much time trying to not be home and around everything that everything has suffered. My house, my cleaning, my hobbies, my family, my poor dogs even. I need to get motivated though because the craft fairs for Christmas are going to be here before I know it and I won't be ready. I can't do that to myself because I enjoy my sewing and I enjoy the people at the fairs. I have also spent a good deal of time looking for other ideas to sew for the fairs and am anxious to try them out as well.

I also want to try out some non-sewing crafts. I am so appreciative of everyone's tutorials that they post here online. I want to make some dry erase boards from some cool frames I've been collecting and I snagged a really great deal on an entire box of white ceramic tiles at a yard sale. I got the whole brand new box (not sure if there's 50 or 100 in there) for $2.00! I want to make some coasters and I have a few good ideas for that.

Tomorrow my goal is to get my cutting table sorted so that I have NO excuses to get started. I look forward to showing off my finished products SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment