Saturday, April 30, 2011

Two days of Yard Sales

Our community yard sales were this weekend and I am all shopped out. I found some great bargains and am VERY excited about three of them. My camera is MIA so I will just tell you about them and post photos later once I start on the projects with them.

First off my most favorite is a new cutting table! I currently use a smaller kitchen table that we had extra. I kept running out of room while trying to cut sometimes. This is an awesome table with a tempered glass top. This needs nothing done to it at this time but is my favorite find of the weekend.

Secondly I found an antique telephone table. I want to recover the cushion and maybe try to stain the rest OR just leave it as is. I haven't decided yet so I'll wait til I figure out what fabric I'm going to use for the cushion and let that decide what else. It was only $15.00 so I think once I fix it up a little I can easily sell it at the antique store and make some money.

Thirdly, I found a vintage hanging cradle for $10.00, one of my best friends is pregant and really wanted it but they life in a smaller house and it wasn't going to fit so I bought it and was going to put it in the antique store but I want to save it for when one of my children has a baby. I think I will use some vintage fabric to make a bed set for it and make it decorative until it is time to actually use it.

I need to get my butt in gear because I am hosting a baby shower for same said friend this next Saturday, May 7th. I'm trying to make some of it a surprise since she is not the surprise type and it's probably driving her crazy. I have most of the food decided and I still have to finish one gift. I can't show photos til afterwards since she reads my blog.

Bed will be early tonight! I am doing a flea market in the morning as well and have to meet my partner in crime (Roger, the owner of the antique store where I rent a booth) at 6:30am. This is our first Sunday of doing this so here's hoping for lots of customers and many sales! It's supposed to be sunny and 70 and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment